In cooperation with the Embassy of Georgia in Germany, the German Economic Team organized an event on “Pandemic and German-Georgian Economic Relations” on 10 May.
The opening and closing remarks were delivered by H.E. Prof. Dr. Levan Izoria (Ambassador of Georgia to Germany) and H.E. Hubert Knirsch (Ambassador of Germany to Georgia).
The keynote speeches were given by
- Natia Turnava (Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia) and
- Thomas Bareiß (Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy)
These speeches were followed by a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities for trade and investment.
Moderation: Dr Ricardo Giucci, Team Leader, German Economic Team
- Stefan Kägebein, Regional Director Eastern Europe, German Eastern Business Association
- Tornike Zirakishvili, Deputy CEO, Enterprise Georgia
- Giorgi Pertaia, President, Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Dr Sascha Ternes, Chairman, German Economic Association in Georgia
- Björn Vogler, Consultant, German Economic Team
During the panel interesting discussions arose on Georgia’s perspectives after the Corona pandemic and the Germany’s supporting role in this regard.
More than 30 representatives from ministries, associations and companies participated in the online event.